Monday, July 21, 2008
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Monday, July 14, 2008
I think Kim's experience has made me start to consider the idea of going private also. I have used this blog as a way to document our family life and our journey to Lucy. I don't share much personal information here for the fact that it is open to all. I have been so ecouraged by following other families blogs while we have waited for Lucy, and I hope mine has done the same for others. I might consider going private once we return with Lucy, so I will be able to share all that is happening with our family.
- My girlfriend was able to have a dear friend of hers in China call Lucy's orphanage and try to get an update for me. She was able to talk to a woman in the children's unit and ask a few questions about Lucy. Here is some of the information we received...
- ~"Xuan Xuan has been doing very well. She has normal living routine. She takes formula in the morning and evening, eats most table food. She sleeps well. She has never been very sick. She got some cold and running nose, all recovered soon. She was never been sent to hospital for illness."
- ~"There are children of her age to live together in the orphanage. They play games, sing children songs, learn to do simple hand work, count numbers, even learn some English words. She is smart, Ms. H said"
- ~"They received a photo album from her family. the caretakers show her it often, teach her to know Mama and Baba. Ms. H said, "One day I asked her, your Baba and Mama are coming to take you home, are you happy for that? She said, "I miss Mama".
- We were not able to get updated height and weight, since this information needs to be obtained through another office, but what we did receive was priceless.
- I feel a little more comfortable now, knowing they have showed her our pictures, and she knows we are coming for her....in just 9 days!!!!